Why is this new forum so user non-friendly?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by OutOfMind210, Apr 4, 2013.

1. OutOfMind210

OutOfMind210 New Member

I was probably used to the other forum that I can still log-into as this user, but I had to create this account for the same forum. Why? I had no problems with the other forum, so why is it still open? I am a graphics designer, I workout all the time as a physical therapist, and I plan on making the world a nicer place to live. I am supposed to be disabled from a job injury, but I am doing a lot of things the doctors said I "lost."

2. buttfreak

buttfreak New Member

I also have problems with the site functions, but I have more problems with the older site than this one.
    I use an old xp computer with firefox, but seems like any problems are from the site not being able to handle alot of traffic.There is alot of stuff nowadays that I often wonder "why", but keep on going with a positive attitude.
    You sound like you can do alot of great stuff on the computer. Good luck :cool:

3. OutOfMind210

OutOfMind210 New Member

For Firefox, try to limit the add-ons that seem to be added with all kinds of software. I keep my FF limited to just a few because there seems to be a lot of work involved in "disabling" an add on.
    I went to school to be a computer analyst, but without experience, all that education was useless. I got into graphics because my first computer job was for a graphics jerk that stole money from me to keep his business.

4. Aeris

Aeris Guest

Well, why did you have to create a new account? Simple, this forum is not connected with the old .com forum, so no database was here, not even the "database section" where all the accounts were saved, so everybody had to open a new account here.
    It wasn't surely the greatest thing, but after the new account creation the problem is solved, and probably it stole you just a few minutes doing it, so is not so bad I think...By the way I understand your diappointment.

Why is the old .com still open? It is open as archive, right now noone should be able to post anymore there (I'm not sure about it cause I don't login there from long time).
    I'm kinda happy that you had no problems there though, but probably you was the only one, cause it was truly too slow...1 minute to just charge the searched results? Too slow, here is much faster, and will have more "space" then the old .com forum.

Also being you a graphic designer you surely see that the look of the new forum is far better then the old .com forum.

By the way, what problems do you have navigating here?

What problems do you have with the site functions?

Actually I would say "what you mean?" of this, but trying to find a more specific question I will say:

What is the "stuff" that you wonder "why" ?

;)

Aeris

5. OutOfMind210

OutOfMind210 New Member

if it is "not connected" top the other forum, how is that "simple?" :D Why create a new account is simpler, Wendy Fiore updates.

Yeah, I have been to many places that are slow for everybody else, but they work fine for me. Coimpared to dial-up, a few seconds is fast. :D

Also being you a graphic designer you surely see that the look of the new forum is far better then the old .com forum.

By the way, what problems do you have navigating here?

What problems do you have with the site functions?

Actually I would say "what you mean?" of this, but trying to find a more specific question I will say:

What is the "stuff" that you wonder "why" ?

;)

Aeris[/quote]
    Like I said, I was used to the other forum, so I just had to learn the navigation, there is no "subscribe to thread." It was not easy to get into the user CP. It grew on me, but I liked the older style better. I like the "edit" look. Best part of the new forum, so far.

6. Aeris

Aeris Guest

Yes, here there is no subscription to threads, not meaning that there isn't the feature, it is just called differently, here you don't subscribe to a thread, here you "watch" it, and when new posts comes you find it on the Alerts zone on the right-up corner (between Inbox and Log Out)

And I understand what you mean about the CP, it was tricky for me too at the start ;)

By the way, if you have any other details you would like to be changed we can talk about it (I can't assure that the change will be done, nor when it will be done in case is an accepted idea).

In case you want to write about this I suggest you to open a new thread in this section to talk about it, cause here most of the people won't see it.

Aeris

7. OutOfMind210

OutOfMind210 New Member

No need to create a thread, I am not suggesting anything. All I said was I was used to the older forum with the "subscribe" feature that put all my threads in one page. The "alerts" combine all into one message. I am not used to that part. BTW, why is the other forum still active?

8. blueboy18

blueboy18 New Member

Hi all, great forum better than most I've come across, as for navigation so far so good.

OutOfMind210 likes this.
  9. OutOfMind210

OutOfMind210 New Member

You see, the "alerts" I receive "may have more posts after this alert." Why? I should only get new alerts that are the latest. I do not care to find posts that are in between stuff I already DL'ed.
    Okay, someone told me there is a "like" button next to "reply." I saw it too late, but keep making this forum "user-Friendly." Thank You.
    I still think a "Subscribed threads" would be better than this "alert."